Monday, March 29, 2010

My new winter coat...

So, instead of trying to come up with new projects to post about, I realized I have several items that I can share already.

I needed a new winter coat - beyond wearing my sweatshirt jacket that I stole confiscated from my 17 year old son last year.

So...I searched the stash...both patterns and fabric (corduroy with polyester lining)...

and here is what I choose...

Simplicity 2508

The front - which fits me much better than Suzanne...

Photobucket

The back...

Photobucket

The lining (which was not in my stash - I ended up buying it from Hancock's Fabrics - it is a polyester blend - which is starting to shred a little - not good...)

Photobucket

The buttons...(from JoAnn's with a coupon!)

Photobucket

It is actually quite warm - because it stops the wind - which is mostly what makes Arizona cold in the winter.  In all, I think it cost me $12 to make...

No comments:

Post a Comment