Monday, April 26, 2010

Sewing, tests, papers

That is my life right.  Sewing for a little bit each day. Writing these papers for my Business Leadership class (2 down, 2 to go -but I have 1 paper almost finished).  Testing.

I took the final for my Organizational Behavior and Management class today.  I won't know how I did until later this week.  But I studied, read, studied more, and read more.  And took the practice test for it. 

Sewing wise, I am about 1/3 of the way done with the embroidery work on Josie's jacket.  I normally due this while watching TV.  But with my papers and test, I have been doing that very much at all this last 2 weeks.

I made myself a newer skirt to wear this summer. 



So, this skirt I recycled from a pair of jeans.  The jeans were in good shape, just wearing out at 2 places on the inseam.  They about 10 years old.  So, I followed this tutorial, only I didn't do 4 panels, just the front and back.  No hem, but I did double needle stitch, just above, so that it can fray.  I also did NOT cut out the inseam, rather I unstitched it - which took about 15 minutes.  That way it looks more lived in - something easy for summer days.  It definitely is NOT  a "where to church" skirt. 

I think a trip to the thrift store is in need to find another pair of cheap jeans, to make a skirt with 4 panels! 



Here is the whole outfit I wore the other day.  I made the blouse I have on too!  I made it from a woven pattern, but used a wonderful lime green knit.  Turned out pretty cute!

I did finish most of Josie's new summer wardrobe.  (now to catch her in the outfits.  and remember to take pictures!).  I only have 1 smocked dress to put together (smocking done over Christmas break), and a dress.  And I have to fix a skirt I made her.  Unbeknowst to me, the fabric is a whole lot bit see through.  So, seeing it matches a blouse I made, I will just add another skirt underneath it, with the contrasting fabric. 

I have picture of what we did Saturday...and they will be forth coming this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment