Friday, August 7, 2009

Blue Flowered swimsuit

I love sewing swimsuits! They are fun, easy and a nice way to practice sewing with stretch fabric!

I made this suit for my daughter #2. Because we live in southern Arizona, our summers start around May and end about late Sept (those there have been years when April is way hot and so is October!).

I tend to buy fabric out of season, and such was the case with this blue floral lycra (I think I picked up 2 yds for $5). I underlined each piece with some lightweight blue lycra due to the fact that the blue floral fabric was see through when wet (that would have been scary, huh?).


This is a Kwik-Sew pattern that I have had around for several years. It takes just under 1 yd for the girl size 10. It also sewed together fairly quickly, with most time spent zig-zagging the elasic in all 5 areas, and they turning each area down and more zig-zag stitching!

It has lasted her all summer - I made this in late May, here it is August, and she is still wearing it - and we swim every other day!

And yes, we are still swimming. Today it was 105°.

No comments:

Post a Comment