Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Little girl vintage (or my daughter who loves poufy skirts!)

I love sewing vintage! I find that the patterns are well put together, the directions are simple (often only 1 page, not 4-5) and that the styles are perfect for those of us with an hourglass figure.

I also love sewing vintage for my daughters. They have all been blessed with an hourglass figure - and they each love to wear beautiful clothes in their own way.

I recently made JT this new dress: Simplicity 4158 from the 50/60's.

My pattern is a size 3 - which is still a little big on her! I took up the 4" hem and it still comes to her knees - not above them!

Photobucket

My son, MD, choose this fabric - found at JoAnn's. It is a cotton muslin with pintucks sewn on the diagonal. I lined it with ecru bastiste from Hancock's Fabrics. The skirt is puffy because 1) she loves puffy skirts! and 2) I used netting on the skirt lining to create a permnanent petticoat!

Photobucket.

This is the apron/pinafore (don't laugh, but I found the fabric in the $2 section of Wal-Mart! it's just a cotton/poly blend) - it comes apart into 2 pieces. I covered my own buttons, as the fabric is quite busy and I could not find anything I liked to go with it! There are, count'em, 10 buttons alone, on the pinafore, along with 11 buttonholes! (thank heaven for my automatic buttonholer on my Brother sewing machine!)

Photobucket

Here is the dress without the top of the pinafore/apron. And one more just because my mom takes great pictures (she used to do this all the time - and is startin to get back into it - don't they look better than mine?):

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment